General Education – Respiratory Care
General Education Courses
Although completion of general education courses is not required, it does enhance points on the application, which is preferred if there are more candidates than seats available.
Points can be earned for completion of the following courses with a “B” or better:
- BIOL 105 – Human Biology* or
- BIOL 155 & 156 or 157 & 158 – Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II*
- HRO 100 – Medical Terminology*
- ENG 101 – Rhetoric & Composition I
- ENG 102 – Rhetoric & Composition II or
- SPCH 151 – Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- PSYC 151 – General Psychology
- SOC 153 – Introductory Sociology
*These courses must be completed by the end of the summer 2017 session to be eligible for RC 104 in the fall 2017 semester.
Note: Students may take RC 102, 103, 110 and 111 prior to acceptance into the program with approval of the program coordinator:
618-235-2700, ext. 5907
These courses are not considered in the application point computation.
Note: Courses completed with a “D” or lower will not meet graduation requirements.