The Southwestern Illinois College Adult Education and Literacy Department at the Sam Wolf Granite City Campus, 4950 Maryville Road, provides FREE educational, vocational and transitional career services to eligible individuals from Madison, St. Clair, Randolph, Washington, Clinton, Bond, and Monroe Counties.
The following programs are currently offered:
- High School Equivalency (formally GED) test preparation classes
- English as a Second Language classes
- Spanish Language High School Equivalency classes
- Computer classes
- Health Care Bridge to Nurse Assistant Certification
- Integrated Career and Academic Preparation System (ICAPS) – Precision Machine Technology (PMT)
- Integrated Career and Academic Preparation System (ICAPS) – Certified Nursing Assistant
- Warehousing and Distribution
- Forklift Training Certification
- Career Pathways course
- Job Skills course
- Transition to college and/or workforce services
To learn more about upcoming SWIC classes in the Granite City area contact SWIC Adult Education and Literacy Transition Services Coordinator Torrin Suedmeyer at 618-797-7321 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay connected with SWIC SWGCC via Facebook @swicadultedswgcc and Instagram @swicadulted_swgcc.