AP, CLEP, DANTES and IB Credit
For evaluation of AP, CLEP and/or DANTES credit, you must request that an official report be sent directly to SWIC from the College Board and submit a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form. You will receive credits according to criteria published in the current chart.
SWIC will grant credit for the successful completion of College Level Examination Program (CLEP) Tests under the following conditions:
• All college transcripts must be received by SWIC before CLEP credit will be awarded.
• CLEP General Exams must be taken before completion of 15 semester credits of college-level work.
• A maximum of 30 semester credits may be awarded as a result of CLEP general and/or subject examinations.
• Credit will not be granted for laboratory science courses as a result of CLEP general or subject examinations.
• Credit will not be granted for ENG 101 and/or 102 as a result of CLEP general or subject examinations.
• Credit will not be granted for math courses as a result of CLEP or subject examinations.
• Credit can be given with the appropriate dean’s consent for subject exams not listed.
Note: Other educational institutions may require a higher score for certain subjects than what is required for credit at SWIC. In this situation, other institutions may not recognize college level examination program credit issued from SWIC.
SWIC may grant credit for the successful completion of Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES). Subject Standardized Tests Subject Exams will be reviewed for possible credit if the score is at or above the 50th percentile.