It is the responsibility of the student to notify the Enrollment Services Office of his/her intention to graduate by submitting a Graduation Application prior to the last term enrolled.
Applications can be submitted online: Log into eSTORM select Student Center and choose Apply for Graduation from the dropdown box under other Academics.
A student can apply for more than one degree on an application. Students who reach graduation eligibility without having submitted an Application for Graduation may risk not being included in the graduation ceremony.
|If your last term enrolled is||Apply to graduate for the||Apply by|
|August-December||Fall term||Oct. 15|
|January-May||Spring term||Feb. 15|
|June-July||Summer term||June 15|
Once the form is received in the Enrollment Services Office, the student will be informed of all remaining degree requirements. Diplomas are mailed directly to students at the end of each semester after successful completion of coursework is verified by the Enrollment Services Office.
Prior to receipt of your degree you must:
- Complete all degree requirements as outlined in the curriculum guides for the Associate in Arts, Science, Fine Arts, Engineering Science, Applied Science or Associate in General Studies by the end of the term in which the student plans to graduate.
- Complete at least 15 of the last 24 semester hours or a minimum of 36 semester hours at Southwestern Illinois College. (Active duty U.S. Armed Forces and Reserve service members must earn only 15 semester hours at SWIC.)
- Submit a Graduation Application. Students are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor to review their Student Advisement Report prior to submitting a Graduation Application.
- Ensure that official documents (high school transcripts, college transcripts, program requirement exception forms, etc.) used to satisfy degree requirements are received by Enrollment Services by the last day of the term in which you plan to graduate.
- Clear all financial obligations to the college.
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Complete a minimum of 64 hours of credit. Some degrees require more than 64 credit hours.
What to Expect
- Upon review of your graduation application, you will be notified via your SWIC student e-mail account regarding your degree status. Graduation applications will be reviewed once enrollment opens for the semester in which you plan to graduate. If you do not receive notification by the start of the term in which you plan to graduate, you should contact Enrollment Services in person or by phone at 618-235-2700, ext. 5018, to ensure your application was received. You can also check your graduation status by logging on to eSTORM, selecting My Academics and then clicking on View My Graduation Status under Graduation.
- All applicants will be reviewed after grades are submitted at the end of the term. If you have completed all requirements successfully, check your graduation status by logging on to eStorm, selecting My Academics and then clicking on View My Graduation Status under Graduation. Your degree will be posted to your academic record immediately after confirmation, however, you will not receive your diploma for approximately one month after the end of the term. You can submit an official transcript request in your Student Center for verification of your degree statement. Your diploma will be mailed to the permanent address on your student account, so please notify Enrollment Services if it changes.
- If you still have remaining requirements (other than current/planned enrollment) you will receive a letter asking you to review your student advisement report in your student center. If you have not successfully completed all the requirements for your degree you should resubmit a graduation application for the next term in which you plan to graduate.
- If you do not successfully complete your enrollment and/or pending requirements, you will receive notification indicating that your degree was denied. If you have any questions or concerns, you should immediately contact Enrollment Services at ext. 5018.