Transfer Credit - Southwestern Illinois College

Students who have completed college coursework with a grade of ‘D’ or better through an institutional accreditor may submit a request to have the credit evaluated toward a degree/certificate at Southwestern Illinois College. Some programs and course requisites may require courses to be completed with a grade of ‘C’ or better. In addition, some career/occupational programs may accept credit from other career/technical institutions.

Transfer credit grades are not included in the cumulative grade point average (GPA).

Transferring your coursework to SWIC

Students will need a SWIC ID# before requesting an evaluation of transfer credit. New students can obtain a SWIC ID# by filling out the New Student Information Form.

Next, order your official transcripts from each institution where the credit was earned and have them sent to SWIC. Electronic transcripts submitted through National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment and Joint Service Transcripts (JST) are accepted. Students should contact their prior institution for questions about the ordering process.

Electronic transcripts are also accepted at if received directly from the other institution. If a transcript is sent from a student’s email, however, it will not be considered official. Hand-carried transcripts are accepted if brought in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution.

Finally, a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form must be completed to start the credit evaluation process. Follow these instructions to submit the form online:

  1. Log in to eSTORM
  2. Click on the ‘Academic Records’ tile
  3. Choose ‘Evaluate Transfer Credit’

A paper request form can also be completed at the Enrollment Services office.  

Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI)

​The Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) facilitates the transfer of students from one Illinois institution to another. Both a general education core curriculum and a lower-division major recommendation course listing have been developed. If you are looking for assistance on how your courses will transfer to SWIC or for a list of all of our Illinois Articulation Initiative general education courses. Visit

International Transcripts

Students who have attended an international institution should submit an official transcript report in English from one of the following services: ECE/Education Credential Evaluators or WES/World Education Services. More information can be found at or SWIC will utilize the report as a guideline for the evaluation of course credit and reserves the right to award appropriate credit. Additional information, such as course descriptions, may be requested to determine the appropriate equivalency.

High School Transcripts

While not evaluated for college credit, high school transcripts are often used for advising and financial aid purposes. Any inquiries regarding high school transcripts should be directed to Enrollment Services at

What to expect​

Once submitted, transcripts will not be released to third parties or returned to students either in original or copy form. Upon receipt of all transcripts and the transfer credit evaluation form, credit will be evaluated toward the student’s current program and applied to your SWIC transcript.

Students should check the “To Do List” in eSTORM for updates regarding their evaluation.

Contact Information​

Enrollment Services Office
Information Sciences Building, Room 1115
Phone: (866) 942-SWIC (7942), ext. 5455
(618) 235-2700, ext. 5455


Mailing Address

Enrollment Services
Southwestern Illinois College
2500 Carlyle Avenue
Belleville, IL 62221​