If you are preparing to send your son or daughter to college in the near future, the Southwestern Illinois College workshop, Parent 101, can help you understand the ins and outs of the college process.
This free workshop will be held Tuesday, Oct. 1, from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Belleville Campus, Liberal Arts Complex, 2500 Carlyle Ave. The event is open to the parents or families of future college students in eighth through twelfth grades.
The informational presentation will Include:
- Timeline for preparing for college
- The financial aid process
- Earning college credit in high school
- Transferring courses to four-year universities
- Cost saving benefits of education and training at SWIC
Assistance completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid is available for families of high school seniors during the event.
Helpful items to bring for FAFSA completion include:
- Photo ID
- Federal Student Aid ID
- Social Security Number and birthdate
- 2018 Federal Tax Returns or Estimated Income
- 2018 W2’s or Estimated Income
- Other Income documents (SSI, TANF, Child Support, Disability, etc.)
- Value of investments, stock, bonds or mutual funds
- Balance of bank account (checking/ savings)
- Month and year of marital status
Check-in starts at 5:45 p.m. in the LAC Lobby.
To register online, visit swic.edu.
For more information, contact the SWIC Enrollment Services at 618-235-2700, ext. 5675, or toll free at 866-942-SWIC (7942), ext. 5675.