Awarded to outstanding sophomore students (three per campus – Belleville, Granite City, Red Bud) who meet the following criteria:
- The student must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) listing Southwestern Illinois College, (School code: 001636) as a choice of school in the college release section.
- The student must have completed at least 30 but no more than 45 semester hours at SWIC (excluding transfer hours) at the time of application, with a cumulative 3.5 GPA. All hours from other colleges must be transferred to SWIC and evaluated for the student’s degree prior to the August 1 deadline. Transfer hours in combination with SWIC hours may not exceed 96 attempted credit hours.
- The student is encouraged to take as many credit hours as possible at the sponsoring campus. Enrollments at another campus necessary to complete major requirements will be taken into consideration.
- The scholarship is for tuition only for classes that appear on the student’s academic transcripts. The scholarship does NOT pay fees, books, or proficiency examination costs.
- The scholarship is awarded for two consecutive semesters (fall and spring) and does not cover the summer semester. There are no leaves of absence.
- The scholarship will be awarded for up to a maximum of 18 credit hours per semester.
- The student must be enrolled full-time each semester (minimum of 12 hours per semester) to receive the scholarship.
- If the student is eligible for federal and state grant aid, additional information may be required and will be requested by the Financial Aid and Student Employment Office.
- The student must maintain satisfactory progress (minimum 3.0 semester and cumulative GPA and a 67% cumulative completion rate) to receive the award for the second semester.
- Only complete applications received by the August 1 deadline will be considered.
- The SWIC Scholarship Committee will determine the recipients based on the above criteria and will notify applicants in writing of the decision.