Outstanding Southwestern Illinois College sophomore college applicants meeting scholarship requirements may be eligible for the SWIC Sophomore Scholarship.
- Applicants must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Illinois Alternative Application for Financial Aid listing Southwestern Illinois College. SWIC School Code: 001636
- Students must have completed at least 30 but no more than 50 GPA-eligible semester hours at SWIC (excluding transfer hours) at the time of application. In addition, a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA is required at the time of application. All hours from other colleges must be transferred to SWIC and evaluated for the student’s degree prior to an application being considered. High school dual credit courses not counting toward the degree of study can be excluded.
- To receive the award, the student must maintain a 67% cumulative completion rate.
- Students must be enrolled in at least six credit hours to receive the scholarship.
- If awarded for the fall and spring semesters, the cumulative GPA must remain above 3.0 to be awarded for spring. For example, if your cumulative GPA falls below 3.0 after the fall grades are posted you will not be eligible for the scholarship during the spring semester.
Sophomore Scholarship Award Details
Enrolled 12+ Semester Credits: $1000 per Term
Enrolled 6-11.5 Semester Credits: $500 per Term
- Only complete applications received by the August 1 deadline will be considered for the Sophomore Scholarship.
- The SWIC Scholarship Committee will determine the recipients based on the above criteria, responses on the application, and unmet financial need. After that, candidates will be notified through their SWIC student email.
- Scholarship awards are for the fall and spring semesters. Summer semester is not eligible for the Sophomore Scholarship.
- The scholarship is for tuition only for classes appearing on students’ academic transcripts. As a result, the scholarship does NOT pay fees, books, or proficiency examination costs.
Direct inquiries and all required information to:
Southwestern Illinois College
Financial Aid, Veteran Services, & Student Employment Office
2500 Carlyle Avenue
Belleville, IL 62221
Attn: Scholarship Coordinator
Fax: (618) 235-3827
In conclusion, it’s simple to apply for the SWIC Sophomore Scholarship. Firstly, file your FAFSA or the Illinois Alternative Application (and all requirements from the Financial Aid Office). Secondly, submit all college transcripts for evaluation. Finally, click the button for the application. After that, the committee will review your application and notify you of your status.