St. Louis Metro East Baccalaureate College Fair
Southwestern Illinois College
Sunday, Feb. 24, 2019, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Belleville Campus Varsity Gym, 2500 Carlyle Ave., Belleville, IL, 62221
High School students and community college transfer students can meet with more than 100 colleges and universities and attend financial aid and transfer planning workshops.
College Fair: 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Financial Aid Workshops: 1:45-2:15 p.m. and 2:45-3:15 p.m.
FAFSA Completion Assistance: 1:30-3:30 p.m. (Walk-in)
Transfer Planning Workshop: 2:15-2:45 p.m.
Free and open to the community
It’s free to attend, but save time by registering in advance at www.strivefair.com
College Fair Resources and Tips
- Review college catalogs in your high school guidance office or visit the college websites before the fair. Develop questions to ask the representative at the fair.
- Select your “must see” colleges in priority order. Allocate time at the fair to speak with each one.
- Attend workshops on Financial Aid and Transfer Planning, if applicable to your college needs.
- Visit out-of-area colleges first. Take the opportunity to learn about colleges new to you and colleges that are further away to visit. Talk to local colleges later in the fair when the lines are shorter.
- Pick up business cards of the admissions representative or handouts and jot notes on the back for follow-up later.
- NACAC Student and Parent College Planning Resources
- Illinois Student Assistance Commission
- College Board
2019 Attending Colleges and Universities
Colleges in Illinois
Colleges in Missouri
Financial Aid Workshops
1:45-2:15 p.m. OR
MC Theatre/Second Floor
Financial Aid 101 – Types, Qualifications, & Processes
Students and families will learn about the financial aid process and the steps to maximize and simplify the financial aid process. Open to all students and families.
1:30-3:30 p.m. (Walk-in)
Cyber Lounge/First Floor
Presented by FA/PALS Staff
FAFSA Financial Aid Application Assistance
Parents and high school senior students are invited to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online with the assistance from SWIC Financial Aid staff. Families will need to bring their completed 2016 tax returns (student & parent), W-2’s, 1099’s, documentation of Social Security Benefits, and other untaxed income from 2016 and will need to know the student’s SSN.
Transfer Planning Workshop
MC Theater/Second Floor
Tips and Tools for Transfer Success Workshop
Are you a high school student considering attending SWIC before transferring to a four-year university?
Are you a SWIC college student planning to transfer?
Learn about the steps to transferring, course transferability, cost savings, application processes, deadlines, financial aid/scholarships and more.
About the Fair
Institutions wishing to participate may register here: St. Louis Metro East Baccalaureate College Fair