The Dual Admission Program is designed to bridge the transfer process for Southwestern Illinois College students to participating four-year colleges and universities. Students who fulfill the requirements of their dual admission agreement are guaranteed acceptance into their intended college/university with full junior status. Please note, however, that while acceptance to a particular college/university is guaranteed, acceptance into a specific program will vary based on departmental requirements.
Benefits of Dual Admission
- Guaranteed acceptance to a four-year college or university
- Access to academic advising at both institutions
- Students completing their Associate in Arts, Associate in Science or Associate in Fine Arts degrees will be placed at junior status at the four-year college/university and all general education requirements will be met
- Students can take advantage of tuition savings at the community college level for the first two years of general education
- Access to degree audit systems at both institutions
- Additional benefits may be available, but vary by participating schools
Eligibility for Dual Admission
- Submit the New Student Information Form to Enrollment Services.
- Follow the application guidelines established by your four-year college/university.
- Complete any remaining steps in the Steps to Enrollment.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 (on a 4.0 grading system) based on all college-level work completed at SWIC.
For more information regarding the Dual Admission Program, please contact us at EnrollmentServices@swic.edu or 618-235-2700, ext. 5455.