Basic Arson Investigator
Basic Arson Investigator Course
Location: New Lenox Fire Protection District
261 E. Maple New Lenox, IL 60451
- Week 1 – August 12-16, 2019
- Week 2 – August 19-23, 2019
- Week 3 – September 9-13, 2019
- Week 4 – October 7-11, 2019
- Week 5 – October 14-18, 2019
Students must attend all sessions
Length of Course: 200 Hours
Admission Procedures for the Basic Arson Investigator Course
This course is for firefighters (not law enforcement officers) seeking state certification as Arson Investigators. Tuition is $2283 and does not include transportation, housing, or meals. Attendees may pay the tuition fee personally, but must be enrolled by the training officer or other command officer from their agency and meet the following requirements:
- Be employed by a local agency or office
- Be a graduate of Fire Investigations Modules 1, 2 and 3
- Have a valid Illinois Firearm Owner’s Identification card
Certification of an Arson Investigator does not automatically qualify one to carry a firearm. Firearm possession for Arson Investigators is based upon approval of the investigator’s fire or police chief or home rule ordinance. For questions regarding this issue, contact your jurisdiction’s legal advisor.
Southwestern Police Academy will verify all enrollee’s certifications and employment through the Illinois State Fire Marshal’s office prior to the beginning of the course.
Anyone not approved by Illinois State Fire Marshal’s office may not attend this course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the attendee may submit for certification to the Office of the State Fire Marshal as an Arson Investigator.
Informational Flyer (Print and Share) New Lenox Fire Protection District
- Contact Southwestern Police Academy at (618) 222-5396 to reserve a space in the class.
- Complete Application and mail to Police Academy:
Southwestern Illinois Police Academy
2500 Carlyle Ave Belleville IL 62221
- Complete On-line Registration.
All paperwork must be filed two weeks prior to starting date.
All tuition and fees are set by the ILETSB are subject to change.
Address: 2500 Carlyle Ave. Belleville, IL 62221