Admission Procedures for the Part Time Hired Officers
Admission Procedures for Part Time Hired Officers
The part-time academy is for officers who have been hired as a part-time employee of an Illinois Police agency. If you have not been hired as a part-time employee of an Illinois Police agency, please see the Intern information. The part-time academy is primarily a web-based course, but meets approximately every other Saturday and Sunday for nine months, in order to facilitate certain practical training that cannot be conducted on-line. Attendance at the Saturday and Sunday sessions are required.
To attend the Southwestern Illinois Part Time Police Academy, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be hired as a part-time employee of an Illinois Police agency.
- Call the Academy office at (618) 222-5396 and make a reservation for the next part-time academy session.
- Accurately complete a Southwestern Illinois Police Academy Application.
- Application will be available 60 days prior to the start of the session.
- Successfully complete the P.O.W.E.R. Test on site.
Click here for: Explanation of the Test and Preparation Methods
Upcoming Part Time Sessions
|Applications Due||Monday, September 30, 2019|
|Power Test & Orientation||Saturday, October 19, 2019|
|Ending Date||Saturday, August 1, 2020|
All tuition and fees set by the ILETSB are subject to change.