New Baden Police Department
Open Position: Police Officer
Starting salary: $24.47 per hour 2184 hours per year for a base salary of $53,442
- Union Position with the PBPA Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
- Officer primarily works night and/or evening shifts, weekends and holidays. Schedule is subject to change and modification as per department needs.
- Longevity wage increases as per the CBA.
- Benefits include: Employer pays 90% medical insurance including vision and dental for employee and dependents; life insurance; IMRF, vacation, sick leave and paid overtime per CBA.
- US citizenship
- Applicants must between 21 and 35 years of age with or without prior Law Enforcement experience. A military veteran or experienced Police Officer shall be allowed to exceed the maximum age provision by the nearest whole number of years served.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License
- Candidate must have completed Full-time Police Academy or Part-time Police Academy. Applicants who previously attended Part-time Police Academy require previous active road experience. Successful completion of the ILETSB 80-hour transition course is required within the 12-month probationary period.
- No felony convictions or other criminal convictions preventing ILETSB certification
- Successful completion of:
- Physical, Fit for Duty
- Drug and Alcohol Screen
- Background Check
Within the 12-month probationary period, the officer must complete in-house field training and meet residency requirements of set forth in the PBPA Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
FAIRBURY POLICE DEPARTMENT
Currently accepting applications for Probationary Police Officer
- 21 years of age or older
- Citizen of the United States
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Valid Drivers License
- No felony convictions
- Must complete the Police Academy
- Must complete the FTO Process
- Must Complete Probationary Process
For more information contact the Fairbury Police Department
Richland County Sheriff’s Office
Deputy Sheriff Job Announcement
The Richland County Sheriff’s Office will be accepting applications for the position of Deputy Sheriff. Applications must be received by July 15, 2020 to be eligible for the testing process. Listed below are the minimum requirements. Testing date and location will be provided to qualified applicants.
- 21 years of age.
- Cannot have been convicted of a felony or of any other crime of moral turpitude.
- United States citizen.
- Must reside, or be willing to move to Richland County within 12 months of hire.
- Must possess a valid drivers license from the State of Illinois, or be capable of obtaining a valid drivers license from the State of Illinois prior to the start of employment.
- Must pass a physical agility test.
- Must be able to pass a written entry level exam with a 70% or better in each category.
- Must pass a background investigation.
- Must pass a drug screen.
- Must pass a physical examination from a doctor.
- Must pass a polygraph examination.
- Must pass a psychological Examination.
- Must possess a valid FOID card or be capable of obtaining one prior to the start of employment.
- Willing to work all shifts.
- Willing to attend an out of town academy for 14 weeks.
- Must have an Associates Degree (any major) OR a minimum ob 60 college credit hours: AND/OR
- At least 3 years active duty service with the United States Military with honorable discharge.
Sheriff Andrew Hires
Sheriff of Richland County
211 West Market Street
Olney, Illinois 62450